Yesterday was spent on base for most of the day, running errands and getting my permanent retainer fixed. Glamorous, I know. I got a nice workout in at the gym, so that was a plus! I was reading the newest issue of InStyle on the elliptical and decided to try the ab exercises they described. The total workout looked something like this:
- 20 minute warm-up on elliptical
- Floundering on the gym mat, thanking the Lord the gym was empty so I could figure out how to do ‘inverted knee raise’ without totally embarrassing myself. (30 reps)
- More floundering as I worked through the ‘Wide Side V to Crossing Push’ (30 reps)
- Russian twists with a 10 pound weight (3 sets of 20 reps)
- Overhead tricep extensions with 10 pound weight (3 sets of 12 reps)
It was a nice workout, but I gotta say I’m a much bigger cardio fan than I am of strength workouts.
I also checked out about a million books from the library. I’ve been complaining that I haven’t read a book that’s really grabbed me in a long time and I think I was possessed in the library because I just started grabbing anything that sounded interesting. My frenetic book-selecting may have been fueled by a bit of rage stemming from the fact that they don’t have half the books I’ve researched and am looking to read (No Margaret Atwood books at all?? Gah!). Right now I’m reading What the Dog Saw, and I’m not entranced, but it’s an interesting read.
Today started beautifully with open windows, Jack Johnson, a comforting cup of coffee and my book.
Mom also decided to make Neapolitan coffee in the new cups she bought yesterday so I’m going to be wired today. Neapolitan coffee is highly concentrated and made with lots o’ sugar. Hopefully I won’t drive Dad over the edge today 0:)
Hopefully off to Ischia now, wish us luck finding our way around!